Thursday, January 12, 2006

She Pooped!

Yes, I admit, I was getting worried. We adopted her on January 2nd, and she pooped while walking into her new home - but hasn't since. The pet store told me that reptiles don't go as often as mammals, so a week isn't too long for a tortoise. Today was a week and three days, so I was quite relieved when I received a call on my way to work from Von telling me, "She pooped!" And what a great guy -- he cleaned it up too!

When I got home today around 5:00pm, I was surprised to see her sleeping -- head tucked in -- in her terrarium behind her house. I said "Hello" to wake her up. She seemed groggy until I wiggled my fingers in from of her face and then she got up and walked toward me. My fingers = FOOD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet Rosita. How does Cricket like her?

Anonymous said...

Well thank goodness. Poor thing! She probably wasn't as concerned about the whole affair as you guys tho. That's what happens when you become a new parent! :-)
Can't wait to meet her!
What's up w/the webcam? I tried to view her "live" and it's says she's temporarily offline. Bummer.