Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mango Maniac

The other day I bribed Rosita out of her hiding house with some mango. Any food works to get her to come out since she's always ready to eat. (The experts call it "opportunistic" - I love that word!) She nearly ran out to munch on it. She loved it so much that she acted like a junkie wanting more and more, watching my every move, willing me to give her more. The next day was a food day -- she gets a large serving greens every other day -- and she rifled through her dish seeking out something other than leafy veggies. No doubt she was hoping for more mango!

She definitely likes fruit more than vegetables, and I really can't blame her. Given the choice of an apple or collard, there's really no question what I'd be reaching for. I have also noticed that she doesn't seem to like the mustard greens as much as other leafy greens. So far she's had kale, collard, spinach, and watercress from the produce aisle. Funny -- spinach is the only one I'd ever purchased before Rosita. And the only one I could even identify!

No comments: