Monday, August 14, 2006

She Lights Up a Room

Since it was raining this weekend, I let Rosita walk around inside the house for a short time while I was organizing some stuff in my scrapbook room. She was quite the little trouble maker. My fear was, of course, that she was going to pee or poop on the carpet, so I kept a pretty close eye on her. Cricket was feeling comfortable enough around her to lay down on the floor while Rosita was tooling around. Rosita doesn't understand Cricket and is so curious about her. She has no fear. She walked right up to Cricket and almost bit her back paw. Fortunately, Cricket jumped up before Rosita could figure out that fuzzy, white foot is not food. Immeidately on the defensive, Cricket hissed and lifted her front leg as if to bat at Rosita. I yelled at her not to and told her it was okay. I know she was only defending herself, but I can't let her think that it's okay to do that to Rosita. Little Miss Tort's head was tucked in about halfway when I picked her up and moved her away from the cat.

A few minutes later, I see lights going on and off in my scrap room. Rosita thinks everything is food - including the touch lamp. While she is biting at it, I see all three wattages cycling on and off. I was quite amused! :)

No comments: