Monday, April 10, 2006

Have Tort Will Travel

Spring is here! We got the RV out of storage and my husband has been tinkering with it ever since. We're taking a road trip to Colorado this summer and bringing Rosita with us! I'll get a big tupperware bin, throw in some substrate, attach a sun lamp, and Rosita will be traveling in style.

Why take my tortoise along for the ride? Mostly because I don't trust anyone else to take care of her properly while we're gone. The cat, well, that's a different story. Give Cricket some food and water, and she's good to go for a week. I always miss and worry about her too, but I know she can fend for herself for awhile. Whereas Rosita needs the right day and nighttime temperatures, humidity, and fresh veggies every couple of days. It just seems like there's way too much that could go wrong. So she'll get exposed to the fresh Rocky Mountain air right along with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one lucky Tortie.

Will Rosita be blogging from the road? We at least need her to post pictures of herself at famous vistas when she gets back...

Nancy