Sunday, February 26, 2006

Fascinating

I continue to be enthralled watching Rosita. (At least when she's not motionless for hours on end.) I remodeled her terrarium today, and I loved watching her inspect every newly positioned item. For awhile she was persistent in her attempts to leave home and explore the rest of the basement. I picked her up and put her back in no less than half a dozen times. I wish I could know what she wanted, where she wanted to go.

A couple of days ago, I brought a plastic container of chopped apple to her and hand fed her a few pieces. It didn't take long for her to see the source just outside her cage. I watched as she figured out how to use her mouth to move the container toward her. She tipped it up with her claws at such an angle that she could get at the fruit. She is one determined critter when she wants something.

No comments: